Memorable Quotes from At eternity's Gate - Life of Van Gogh

Some memorable quotes from the film:

Maybe god made me a painter for people who are not born yet.

Life is for sowing, the harvest is not here.

I paint with my qualities and faults.

I find joy in sorrow. And sorrow is greater than laughter.

An angel is not far from those who are sad. An illness can sometime heals us
=======//======

VG: I'll show what i see, to my human brothers, who don't see it.  It's a privilege. I can give them hope and consolation.

Doctor: but you are confusing people with your paintings.

VG: I am my paintings.

Doctor: What do you mean hope and consolation? You might be asking too much of people.

VG: I like to share my vision with people who can't  see what I see the way I see it.

Doctor: yes but why?

VG : because my vision is closer to the reality of the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intellectual crisis in Malaysian Academia: In search of an overall philosophy

From Ubercab to Uber: The Needed Paradigm Shift in Malaysian Education

The Scientific mind and modern world crisis. (In search of an overall academic philosophy- part 2)